Welcome to our government website. We hope you will use these resources to make your life easier and to keep informed about your town and government.
Joseph Maturo Jr.
Mayor of East Haven, CT.
TOWN HALL INFORMATION
• Town Hall Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30A.M. – 4:30P.M.
• Mayor’s Office Hours: Monday thru Friday: 8:30A.M. – 4:30P.M. Residents are invited to call the Mayor’s Office to schedule an appointment with him.
• Mayor’s Office Phone:203–468–3204 and Government Phone Directory.
• The Town of East Haven, in cooperation with Take 2, Inc. will be hosting a free electronic waste recycling collection event at the Town Hall on 250 Main Street. Residents are encouraged to bring their unwanted electronics to the Town Hall on Saturday May 31, 2014 from 8 am to 2 pm. Read the press release for details and acceptable items list.
Get Information about United Illuminating’s Vegetation Program
• UI now has information on their vegetation management program in their website. Citizens should go to www.uinet.com and click the Protecting Your Service: UI’s Vegetation Program link on the left side of the page.
The Police Department appreciates the support of our residents in reporting these crimes and assisting in identifying the perpetrators. Callers can remain anonymous when providing information.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECYCLING FOR WISHES
• Do you have an old vehicle you would like to dispose of?
At no cost to you, you can donate your vehicle to be either recycled or auctioned. Your tax–deductible, charitable donation helps wishes come true for kids. WHEELS FOR WISHES, a nonprofit that works with MAKE–A–WISH CONNECTICUT to turn old cars into wishes granted for local kids, will tow away old or broken down vehicles. To find out more, go to Connecticut.wheelsforwishes.org
or to donate the car to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation go to www.carstocurebreastcancer.org/connecticut/.
Prescription Discount Card Program Savings Residents Money
Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. is pleased to report that for the first 12 months of the Town’s Prescription Drug Discount Card Program, the number of participants continues to grow with an average dollar savings of 57%. Read the latest infomration about the success of this program in the
press release from January 2014. The card offers all uninsured and underinsured residents steep savings on prescription medicines and should have already been mailed to your home. View the PROACT CARD flyer for more information.
• Need a Prescription Discount Card? Additional cards are available at the Mayor’s office or visit www.CTRxDiscountCard.com, and select East Haven from the drop–down menu to print a card online.
Make Tax Payments With Credit or Debit Cards & e–Checks!
• This service has been updated as of 7/4/13 so you can quickly and easily make online tax payments. Visit the Tax Department to view & pay your taxes online.
East Haven Town Government Tweets
In an effort to provide a wider variety of communications to the residents a new Town of East Haven Twitter Feed has been established. Easily get important information from your government in times of disaster and when there is no power for computers. Follow EastHavenCT on all your devices.
• The East Haven Town Clerk’s Office is pleased to announce the availability online of land records indexed from 1977 to present, as well as scanned land records from 2005 to present. While searching the records is free, a $2.00 charge to view and or print a document applies. Visit the
Town Clerk Services web page for the link and further details.
SPRING AND SUMMER LANDFILL HOURS – PASSES REQUIRED
• Starting Saturday March 1, 2014, the East Haven Landfill will be open both Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm. As always if using any type of pickup truck, dump truck, cargo van, or trailer, please visit the Town Clerk’s office with the vehicle registration to purchase a landfill pass. The Town Clerk’s office is open Monday thru Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. For more information, contact Public Services at 203–468–3329.
• EFFECTIVE APRIL 12, 2010: YOUR VEHICLE REGISTRATION & BUILDING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A LANDFILL PASS.
Obtaining a Landfill Pass: Landfill passes are purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office (250 Main Street) daily during regular business hours. Purchase a landfill pass if using a pickup, box, dump, masonry truck, commercial plate cargo van, or trailer. For current Landfill Pass requirements and fee schedule please read this Landfill Pass Policy press release.
EAST HAVEN EVENTS
East Haven Farmer’s Market Looking for Vendors
Interested vendors should contact either Carolyn Bradley @ 203–710–2760 or Chris Vaiuso @ 203–444–1373. See the Farmer’s Market press release for contact information and details.
• See pictures of the Farmer’s Market taken on July 8th, 2012. Come on down and support local fresh foods.
• East Haven Farmer’s Market on Sundays from 9:00am to 12:30pm from July 6th – October 12th @ East Haven Town Hall 250 Main Street.
TOWN ASSESSOR NEWS
Board of Assessment Appeals
• The Town of East Haven Board of Assessment Appeals will meet in the Assessor’s office, 250 Main Street, East Haven on the following Mondays in March 2014: March 3rd, March 10th and March 17th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for the purpose of hearing appeals from taxpayers on their 2013 Real Estate and Personal Property and 2012 Supplemental Motor Vehicle Assessments.
• Applications are available between February 1 and February 20, 2014 in the Assessor’s office from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you have any questions you may call the Assessors office at 203–468–3233.
Homeowners Elderly/Disabled Benefit Program
• The East Haven Assessors Office will be accepting applications for the Elderly/Totally Disabled Homeowners Benefit Program from February 1, 2014 through May 15, 2014. All residents must be 65 years or older or totally disabled, own and live in the residence and meet the income guidelines of a maximum of $41,600 annual income for a married couple and $34,100 annual income for a single person. All applicants must provide proof of all income for the year 2013.
• Applications will be taken on Wednesdays only from 8:30 to 4:30 in the Assessor’s Office at the Town Hall. All Homeowners that qualify for this program will automatically receive and additional tax benefit through the Town. If there are any questions feel free to call the Assessor at 203–4687–3233 daily.
EAST HAVEN POLICE DEPT WEBSITE
The East Haven Police Dept website has replaced the Police Department page in this government website. You will find forms, phone numbers, and much more on their new website. I suggest everyone visit and learn about the valuable resources available to the public then bookmark it in your Internet browser.
PUBLIC SERVICES NEWS
• Starting Saturday March 1, 2014, the East Haven Landfill will be open both Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm. As always if using any type of pickup truck, dump truck, cargo van, or trailer, please visit the Town Clerk’s office with the vehicle registration to purchase a landfill pass.
• For further information, you may contact Public Services at 203–468–3327.
SEMI–ANNUAL APPLIANCE AND METALS PICKUP
The Town of East Haven’s next semi–annual pick up of appliances and metals by Trash Master, LLC, the Town’s Refuse Contractor, will be as follows:
• For all 1 – 3 family residences:
All appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, etc) and all metals must be placed at the curb by Monday, April 14th, 6 a.m.
This special pickup is for appliances and metals ONLY. Residents are asked to refrain from placing regular acceptable bulk items on the curb during this week.
Items should not be placed at the curb earlier than five days before April 14th.
• For Condominiums ONLY:
Condominium bulk pickup will be Saturday April 5th and appliance and metal pickup has been scheduled for Saturday April 12th.
Condo owners will be notified of the procedure to be followed at their location, by their property managers.
Items acceptable are in accordance with East Haven Municipal Refuse, Waste and Recycling Program. For further information, residents can call Trash Master, at 203–466–2668.
RECYCLE YOUR ELECTRONICS FOR FREE
• Your used electronics can now be recycled at the East Haven Landfill Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30am to 3pm. Bring televisions, computers, laptops, monitors, cell phones, printers, keyboards, mice, and other household electronics to be responsibly recycled. There is no fee to recycle residential electronics. Items not accepted under the residential electronics recycling program include smoke detectors, hazardous materials and liquids, and air conditioners. Read the press release for more information.
TEEN CENTER NEWS
• East Haven PRYD Help for Parents Two videos for parents on how to have a conversation with your children on alcohol and other drugs have been posted in the Youth Services web page.
• To make a donation or voulunteer please contact Bob Petrucelli, Youth Service Bureau Coordinator, 203–468–3297, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit the TEEN CENTER for information about the new strategic plan to combat underage drinking in East Haven.
DONATIONS NEEDED @ EAST HAVEN FOOD PANTRY
Donations of non–perishable food and monies (checks only) are encouraged. These donations can also be dropped off at Town Hall or the Hagaman Memorial Library during regular business hours. Volunteers are also needed, please contact Phyllis LaRoche at 203–469–1197.
East Haven Food Pantry at Christ and the Epiphany Church hours: Tuesday & Thursday 9:00a.m. – 11:00a.m. and Saturday 11:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
• Reminder: Monetary donations have a purchasing power available to the Food Pantry of at least double the funds given.
Make your checks out to: East Haven Food Pantry.
Then mail your check to: East Haven Food Pantry 39 Park Place East Haven, CT 06512.
• Visit East Haven Food Pantry for more information.
EAST HAVEN eGOVERNMENT SERVICES
Save Time, Money & Gas By Using Your eGovernment
Easily view / print forms & documents from your home or office!
•TOWN OF EAST HAVEN ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) MUNICIPAL NOTICE & GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES have been updated and are posted in the Administration & Management Office page.
• To file a complaint with East Haven Public Schools please contact
the Superintendent at 203–468–3261.
EAST HAVEN PHOTOS & INFORMATION
• VIEW FALL FESTIVAL 2013 PHOTOS. Links to all Fall Festival Photo Albums and other photos taken since 2008, when the new town website was created, can be found in the
MEDIA web page.
• View over 60 photo albums covering the people and events in East Haven, CT since 2008.
• FOR MORE INFORMATION ON LOCAL EVENTS DON’T FORGET TO CHECK THE TOWN BULLETIN BOARD.
Get information about local fairs, walks, fund raisers, golf tournmaments, support groups, soup kitchens, charitable groups, Rotary events, and other local events.
Senior Center Birthday Celebration Photos!
See our new Senior Center Monthly Birthdays Photo Album. It’s where you and your family can see pictures of the monthly birthday honorees starting with December 2011.