Land Mass: 12.3 Sq. Mi.
Last Revaluation: 2011
Mill Rate: 31.55
Major Employers: Town of East Haven
Stop & Shop
GRAND LIST 2015 SUMMARY
Total Parcels (Real Estate): 11,247
Personal Property Accounts: 1,036
Motor Vehicles: 22,577
Tax Exempt Parcels: 306
Elderly Accounts: 517
*Tax Exempt Parcels represent 1.1% of the overall Grand List.
Net Taxable October 1, 2015 Grand List After Board of Appeals Adjustments: 2,008,612,506
TOP TAXPAYERS (2015)
|Name||RE Assessment||PP Assessment||Total|
|4.||United Illuminating Co.||---||12,565,960||12,565,960|
|5.||HP Stony Brook LLC||12,388,010||15,270||12,403,208|
Nutmeg Woods Apt. Prop./
Autumn Ridge Apts
|8.||Home Depot USA||9,458,200||793,120||10,251,320|
|9.||TS East Haven LLC||8,774,830||---||8,774,830|
|10.||Russo Family Prop./Quality|
- 29 Apartment Complexes consisting of 1554 units.
- 35 Residential Condominium Complexes consisting of 1883 units.
- 4 Residential Planned Development Complexes consisting of 54 units.
- 1,371.33 acres classified under PA-490 Program (Open Space, Farm & Forest Land) 102 accounts.
- 64 Assessor Maps updated annually.
- Street field cards describe each property in Town.
- Assessor’s maps identify property locations. These maps are updated annually.
- The Assesor’s office is responsible for the maintenance and adjustment of values for the purpose of compiling the Town's Grand List each assessment year.
- Exemptions: The Assessor’s staff administers and implements exemptions for the elderly, disabled, blind and veterans that are eligible recipients.
- Notification to all residents is done on an annual basis via the local government channel and news media.
- Each year a staff member takes application information at an elderly person’s home if they are unable to physically come to the office.