• Submission of a Claim Against the Town of East Haven
1. All claims are filed with the Town Clerk’s Office.
2. Any person submitting a claim for property damage against the town must submit 3 damage estimates or the claim will not be processed.
3. Each claim is dated and given a claim number the day the claim is filed.
4. The claim packet is then forwarded to the Town Attorney for investigation and processing.
There is no specific form for claims. In a letter include the following information to submit a claim:
• The facts pertaining to the incident:
name, address, and phone number of the claimant,
place of occurance, date, time,
• Other pertinent information:
police report, copies of bills
any witness information, etc...
The claim will be investigated by the Town Attorney. This process takes time and we are
unable to predict how long it will take before a decision is made.
• Mailbox Claims The town’s latest mailbox claim policy information has been released. View and print the 2015 Mailbox Claims Policy.
Freedom of Information (FOI) Overview
The Freedom of Information Act provides the public with rights of access to records and meetings of public agencies. Most records or files of State and Local agencies, including minutes of all their meetings, are available to the public for inspection or copying.