Welcome to our government website. We hope you will use these resources to make your life easier and to keep informed about your town and government.
Joseph Maturo Jr.
Mayor of East Haven, CT.
TOWN HALL INFORMATION
• Town Hall Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30A.M. – 4:30P.M.
• Mayor’s Office Hours: Monday thru Friday: 8:30A.M. – 4:30P.M. Residents are invited to call the Mayor’s Office to schedule an appointment with him.
• Mayor’s Office Phone:203–468–3204 and Government Phone Directory.
• The East Haven Town Clerk’s Vault will be closed due to a repair of the ceiling for the following hours on the following days:
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 from 8:30am to 12:00pm, Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 from 8:30am to 12:00pm, Thursday, December 19th, 2013 from 8:30am to 12:00pm, and Friday, December 20th, 2013 from 8:30am to 12:00pm.
EHPD RAMPS UP ENFORCMENT OF ORDINANCE ON ATVs, DIRT BIKES, ETC.
The Police Department appreciates the support of our residents in reporting these crimes and assisting in identifying the perpetrators. Callers can remain anonymous when providing information.
SENIOR MEDICAL APPOINTMENT TRANSPORTATION RESUMES
• East Haven Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. has announced that the town is resuming transportation for senior medical appointments effective immediately. The community medical van will be driven by a volunteer local resident and will be available twice a week (weather permitting).
The conversion van, with wheelchair lift and handicapped access, will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am until 1 pm, with scheduling to be handled by the East Haven Senior Center. The van will be available only for medical appointments, both within the town and the surrounding communities. Seniors may begin scheduling their appointments by contacting Senior Center Director Jan Lougal at (203) 468–3277.
All appointments will be on a first come, first served basis with all pickups and returns, including wheelchair access, made at curbside.
Mayor Maturo also reminds seniors that the East Haven Senior Center Van will be available for rides to and from the Senior Center and to all of East Haven’s major shopping locations, including Stop & Shop, ShopRite, IGA and the TJ Maxx / Expect Shopping Centers. These can also be scheduled by contacting the Senior Center.
Hurricane Sandy Community Development Block Grant Application Info
• The State will be opening an East Haven location for the purpose of accepting applications for the Hurricane Sandy Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery and Rehabilitation/Rebuilding Program. The office will be located at 52 South End Road and will be open beginning on October 24th. Starting on October 21st, residents are being requested to call the "Intake Center" at 1–866–272–1976 to schedule an appointment, which will assist in making the process flow more effectively and efficiently.
For more complete information on this program please read the following documents:
• Read the Town of East Haven press release for dates, times and location.
• Read the CT Recovers Fact Sheet for State of Ct information.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECYCLING FOR WISHES
• Do you have an old vehicle you would like to dispose of?
At no cost to you, you can donate your vehicle to be either recycled or auctioned. Your tax–deductible, charitable donation helps wishes come true for kids. WHEELS FOR WISHES, a nonprofit that works with MAKE–A–WISH CONNECTICUT to turn old cars into wishes granted for local kids, will tow away old or broken down vehicles. To find out more, go to Connecticut.wheelsforwishes.org
or to donate the car to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation go to www.carstocurebreastcancer.org/connecticut/.
Prescription Discount Card Program
Read the updated information in the
press release from 7/23/13 to get the latest details about the prescription discount card. The card offers all uninsured and underinsured residents steep savings on prescription medicines and should have already been mailed to your home. View the PROACT CARD flyer for more information.
Make Tax Payments With Credit or Debit Cards & e–Checks!
• This service has been updated as of 7/4/13 so you can quickly and easily make online tax payments. Visit the Tax Department to view & pay your taxes online.
East Haven Town Government Tweets
In an effort to provide a wider variety of communications to the residents a new Town of East Haven Twitter Feed has been established. Easily get important information from your government in times of disaster and when there is no power for computers. Follow EastHavenCT on all your devices.
• The 4 final reports from the election have been posted in the Town Clerk’s home page.
• Get your copy of the Town of East Haven Annual Report, the State and Federal Single Audit Reports, Election 2013 Reports, and the Housing Authority Audit FY 2012. Links are also posted in the Town Clerk’s home page.
NOW SEARCH EAST HAVEN LAND RECORDS ONLINE
• The East Haven Town Clerk’s Office is pleased to announce the availability online of land records indexed from 1977 to present, as well as scanned land records from 2005 to present. While searching the records is free, a $2.00 charge to view and or print a document applies. Visit the
Town Clerk Services web page for the link and further details.
LANDFILL PASSES REQUIRED
• Starting March 1, 2013 the East Haven Landfill will be open Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm. For more information, contact Public Services at 203–468–3329.
• EFFECTIVE APRIL 12, 2010: YOUR VEHICLE REGISTRATION & BUILDING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A LANDFILL PASS.
Obtaining a Landfill Pass: Landfill passes are purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office (250 Main Street) daily during regular business hours. Purchase a landfill pass if using a pickup, box, dump, masonry truck, commercial plate cargo van, or trailer. For current Landfill Pass requirements and fee schedule please read this Landfill Pass Policy press release.
EAST HAVEN EVENTS
Santa’s Hotline is Coming to Town
• The Recreation Dept. has announced that from December 9th to 23rd from 6pm to 8pm children can call 203–468–3265 to tell Santa their wish list! Ho Ho Ho!
TOWN ASSESSOR NEWS
2013 TAX UPDATES
Get the latest news on the Board of Assessment Appeals dates, motor vehicle rules, important dates and tax exemptioms in the Tax News July 2013 bulletin.
EAST HAVEN POLICE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE
The East Haven Police Dept website has replaced the Police Department page in this government website. You will find forms, phone numbers, and much more on their new website. I suggest everyone visit and learn about the valuable resources available to the public then bookmark it in your Internet browser.
PUBLIC SERVICES NEWS
LEAF PICKUP SCHEDULE
• Leaf pickup will begin Monday 11/18. Check this schedule for your road to see when your leaves will be removed.
WINTER LANDFILL SCHEDULE
• During the months of December, January and February the landfill will be open for residents on the following Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.:
December 21, January 18, 2014 and February 15, 2014.
< br />The landfill will continue to be open for residents on every Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. For further information, you may contact Public Services at 203–468–3327.
RECYCLE YOUR ELECTRONICS FOR FREE
Your used electronics can now be recycled at the East Haven Landfill Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30am to 3pm. Bring televisions, computers, laptops, monitors, cell phones, printers, keyboards, mice, and other household electronics to be responsibly recycled. There is no fee to recycle residential electronics. Items not accepted under the residential electronics recycling program include smoke detectors, hazardous materials and liquids, and air conditioners. Read the 9/19/13 press release for more information.
TEEN CENTER NEWS
Teen Center Pie Eating Contest on 11/22
go to the TEEN CENTER page for details.
• East Haven PRYD Help for Parents Two videos for parents on how to have a conversation with your children on alcohol and other drugs have been posted in the Youth Services web page.
To make a donation or voulunteer please contact Bob Petrucelli, Youth Service Bureau Coordinator, 203–468–3297, email email@example.com
• Visit the TEEN CENTER for information about the new strategic plan to combat underage drinking in East Haven.
DONATIONS NEEDED @ EAST HAVEN FOOD PANTRY
Donations of non–perishable food and monies (checks only) are encouraged. These donations can also be dropped off at Town Hall or the Hagaman Memorial Library during regular business hours. Volunteers are also needed, please contact Phyllis LaRoche at 203–469–1197.
East Haven Food Pantry at Christ and the Epiphany Church hours: Tuesday & Thursday 9:00a.m. – 11:00a.m.
and Saturday 11:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
Reminder: Monetary donations have a purchasing power available to the Food Pantry of at least double the funds given.
Make your checks out to: East Haven Food Pantry.
Then mail your check to: East Haven Food Pantry 39 Park Place East Haven, CT 06512.
Visit East Haven Food Pantry for more information.
EAST HAVEN eGOVERNMENT SERVICES
Save Time, Money & Gas By Using Your eGovernment
Easily view / print forms & documents from your home or office!
•TOWN OF EAST HAVEN ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) MUNICIPAL NOTICE & GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES have been updated and are posted in the Administration & Management Office page.
• To file a complaint with East Haven Public Schools please contact
the Superintendent at 203–468–3261.
EAST HAVEN PHOTOS & INFORMATION
• VIEW FALL FESTIVAL 2013 PHOTOS. Links to all Fall Festival Photo Albums and other photos taken since 2008, when the new town website was created, can be found in the
MEDIA web page.
• View over 60 photo albums covering the people and events in East Haven, CT since 2008.
• FOR MORE INFORMATION ON LOCAL EVENTS DON’T FORGET TO CHECK THE TOWN BULLETIN BOARD.
Get information about local fairs, walks, fund raisers, golf tournmaments, support groups, soup kitchens, charitable groups, Rotary events, and other local events.
Senior Center Birthday Celebration Photos!
See our new Senior Center Monthly Birthdays Photo Album. It’s where you and your family can see pictures of the monthly birthday honorees starting with December 2011.