Welcome to our government website. We hope you will use these resources to make your life easier and to keep informed about your town and government.
Joseph Maturo Jr.
Mayor of East Haven, CT.
TOWN HALL INFORMATION
• Town Hall Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30A.M. – 4:30P.M.
• Mayor’s Office Hours: Monday thru Friday: 8:30A.M. – 4:30P.M. Residents are invited to call the Mayor’s Office to schedule an appointment with him.
• Mayor’s Office Phone:203–468–3204 and Government Phone Directory.
• All vehicles shall be parked on off–street facilities where such off–street facilities are available.
• Unless otherwise posted, vehicles shall be permitted to park only on the EVEN numbered sides of streets.
DURING SNOW ALERTS OR SNOWSTORMS:
• The owners of vehicles shall be required to remove their vehicles from the EVEN numbered sides of the street within 6 HOURS AFTER odd numbered sides of street has been plowed and cleared.
• Any vehicles on streets posted, which instruct parking on ODD numbered sides shall be moved to the EVEN side within 6 HOURS AFTER even numbered sides of street has been plowed and cleared.
• SIDEWALKS: All residents and businesses must clear sidewalks of snow within 24 hours following the end of the storm.
USCG Offers State Boating Safety Course March 8th
• United States Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 24–01, Branford, Connecticut, will teach the safe boating course required to obtain a state Boating/Personal Watercraft Operator certificate on Saturday, March 8, from 8 am to 6 pm at its Training Center located at 99 Indian Neck Avenue, Branford.
PRE–REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. No walk–ins permitted. There are no age restrictions for this class. The cost for the About Boating Safely course is $65 per person and includes Danish and coffee, soft drinks, snacks and lunch for those who sign up. The cost includes all materials needed to attend and complete the course. A proctored exam follows full completion of the course. Certificates for passing scores will be delivered on site after testing is complete. See the USCG Safe Boating Course flyer for details on the class and the link to register.
Health Insurance Coverage with Access Health CT
• Enrolling in health care insurance coverage through Access Health CT is easy. A little planning can make it even easier. Some questions you may have:
• WHEN should I enroll?
October 1, 2013 – March 31, 2014 (coverage begins January 1, 2014, if you enroll by December 15, 2013.)
•HOW should I enroll through Access Health CT?
Online at www.accesshealthct.com.
The Police Department appreciates the support of our residents in reporting these crimes and assisting in identifying the perpetrators. Callers can remain anonymous when providing information.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECYCLING FOR WISHES
• Do you have an old vehicle you would like to dispose of?
At no cost to you, you can donate your vehicle to be either recycled or auctioned. Your tax–deductible, charitable donation helps wishes come true for kids. WHEELS FOR WISHES, a nonprofit that works with MAKE–A–WISH CONNECTICUT to turn old cars into wishes granted for local kids, will tow away old or broken down vehicles. To find out more, go to Connecticut.wheelsforwishes.org
or to donate the car to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation go to www.carstocurebreastcancer.org/connecticut/.
Prescription Discount Card Program Savings Residents Money
Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. is pleased to report that for the first 12 months of the Town’s Prescription Drug Discount Card Program, the number of participants continues to grow with an average dollar savings of 57%. Read the latest infomration about the success of this program in the
press release from January 2014. The card offers all uninsured and underinsured residents steep savings on prescription medicines and should have already been mailed to your home. View the PROACT CARD flyer for more information.
• Need a Prescription Discount Card? Additional cards are available at the Mayor’s office or visit www.CTRxDiscountCard.com, and select East Haven from the drop–down menu to print a card online.
Make Tax Payments With Credit or Debit Cards & e–Checks!
• This service has been updated as of 7/4/13 so you can quickly and easily make online tax payments. Visit the Tax Department to view & pay your taxes online.
East Haven Town Government Tweets
In an effort to provide a wider variety of communications to the residents a new Town of East Haven Twitter Feed has been established. Easily get important information from your government in times of disaster and when there is no power for computers. Follow EastHavenCT on all your devices.
• The East Haven Town Clerk’s Office is pleased to announce the availability online of land records indexed from 1977 to present, as well as scanned land records from 2005 to present. While searching the records is free, a $2.00 charge to view and or print a document applies. Visit the
Town Clerk Services web page for the link and further details.
SPRING AND SUMMER LANDFILL HOURS – PASSES REQUIRED
• Starting Saturday March 1, 2014, the East Haven Landfill will be open both Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm. As always if using any type of pickup truck, dump truck, cargo van, or trailer, please visit the Town Clerk’s office with the vehicle registration to purchase a landfill pass. The Town Clerk’s office is open Monday thru Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. For more information, contact Public Services at 203–468–3329.
• EFFECTIVE APRIL 12, 2010: YOUR VEHICLE REGISTRATION & BUILDING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A LANDFILL PASS.
Obtaining a Landfill Pass: Landfill passes are purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office (250 Main Street) daily during regular business hours. Purchase a landfill pass if using a pickup, box, dump, masonry truck, commercial plate cargo van, or trailer. For current Landfill Pass requirements and fee schedule please read this Landfill Pass Policy press release.
EAST HAVEN EVENTS
TOWN ASSESSOR NEWS
Board of Assessment Appeals
• The Town of East Haven Board of Assessment Appeals will meet in the Assessor’s office, 250 Main Street, East Haven on the following Mondays in March 2014: March 3rd, March 10th and March 17th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for the purpose of hearing appeals from taxpayers on their 2013 Real Estate and Personal Property and 2012 Supplemental Motor Vehicle Assessments.
• Applications are available between February 1 and February 20, 2014 in the Assessor’s office from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you have any questions you may call the Assessors office at 203–468–3233.
Homeowners Elderly/Disabled Benefit Program
• The East Haven Assessors Office will be accepting applications for the Elderly/Totally Disabled Homeowners Benefit Program from February 1, 2014 through May 15, 2014. All residents must be 65 years or older or totally disabled, own and live in the residence and meet the income guidelines of a maximum of $41,600 annual income for a married couple and $34,100 annual income for a single person. All applicants must provide proof of all income for the year 2013.
• Applications will be taken on Wednesdays only from 8:30 to 4:30 in the Assessors Office at the Town Hall. All Homeowners that qualify for this program will automatically receive and additional tax benefit through the Town. If there are any questions feel free to call the Assessors Office at 203–4687–3233 daily.
EAST HAVEN POLICE DEPT WEBSITE
The East Haven Police Dept website has replaced the Police Department page in this government website. You will find forms, phone numbers, and much more on their new website. I suggest everyone visit and learn about the valuable resources available to the public then bookmark it in your Internet browser.
PUBLIC SERVICES NEWS
WINTER LANDFILL SCHEDULE
• During the months of December, January and February the landfill will be open for residents on the following Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.:
December 21, January 18, 2014 and February 15, 2014.
• The landfill will continue to be open for residents on every Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. For further information, you may contact Public Services at 203–468–3327.
RECYCLE YOUR ELECTRONICS FOR FREE
• Your used electronics can now be recycled at the East Haven Landfill Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30am to 3pm. Bring televisions, computers, laptops, monitors, cell phones, printers, keyboards, mice, and other household electronics to be responsibly recycled. There is no fee to recycle residential electronics. Items not accepted under the residential electronics recycling program include smoke detectors, hazardous materials and liquids, and air conditioners. Read the 9/19/13 press release for more information.
TEEN CENTER NEWS
• East Haven PRYD Help for Parents Two videos for parents on how to have a conversation with your children on alcohol and other drugs have been posted in the Youth Services web page.
• To make a donation or voulunteer please contact Bob Petrucelli, Youth Service Bureau Coordinator, 203–468–3297, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit the TEEN CENTER for information about the new strategic plan to combat underage drinking in East Haven.
DONATIONS NEEDED @ EAST HAVEN FOOD PANTRY
Donations of non–perishable food and monies (checks only) are encouraged. These donations can also be dropped off at Town Hall or the Hagaman Memorial Library during regular business hours. Volunteers are also needed, please contact Phyllis LaRoche at 203–469–1197.
East Haven Food Pantry at Christ and the Epiphany Church hours: Tuesday & Thursday 9:00a.m. – 11:00a.m. and Saturday 11:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
• Reminder: Monetary donations have a purchasing power available to the Food Pantry of at least double the funds given.
Make your checks out to: East Haven Food Pantry.
Then mail your check to: East Haven Food Pantry 39 Park Place East Haven, CT 06512.
• Visit East Haven Food Pantry for more information.
EAST HAVEN eGOVERNMENT SERVICES
Save Time, Money & Gas By Using Your eGovernment
Easily view / print forms & documents from your home or office!
•TOWN OF EAST HAVEN ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) MUNICIPAL NOTICE & GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES have been updated and are posted in the Administration & Management Office page.
• To file a complaint with East Haven Public Schools please contact
the Superintendent at 203–468–3261.
EAST HAVEN PHOTOS & INFORMATION
• VIEW FALL FESTIVAL 2013 PHOTOS. Links to all Fall Festival Photo Albums and other photos taken since 2008, when the new town website was created, can be found in the
MEDIA web page.
• View over 60 photo albums covering the people and events in East Haven, CT since 2008.
• FOR MORE INFORMATION ON LOCAL EVENTS DON’T FORGET TO CHECK THE TOWN BULLETIN BOARD.
Get information about local fairs, walks, fund raisers, golf tournmaments, support groups, soup kitchens, charitable groups, Rotary events, and other local events.
Senior Center Birthday Celebration Photos!
See our new Senior Center Monthly Birthdays Photo Album. It’s where you and your family can see pictures of the monthly birthday honorees starting with December 2011.