• Audit Confirms Town Surplus Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. announced today that the Town received the official audit for the 2012–2013 fiscal year, which confirms that the Town ran a surplus of $1.16 million dollars for the past fiscal year and reduced its long–term debt by $3.06 million dollars. Read the press release 1/14/14.
• Mayor Maturo Looks to Hire Civilian Police Dispatchers Read the press release from 11/26/13 and the letter to the Police Union reguarding hiring civilian dispatchers.
• Statement from Mayor Maturo on Police Overtime Read the press release from 11/18/13.
• NEW ORDINANCE PASSES 10/30/13 As I am sure many of you are aware one of the continuing problems that many (if not most) of the surrounding towns/cities are experiencing is the operation of various types of motorized recreational vehicles on city streets, sidewalks and public property. Last night the East Haven Town Council (following a public hearing) passed this new ordinance: 11–2. An Ordinance Regulating the Operation or Use of Dirt Bikes, All–Terrain Vehicles, Snowmobiles, Motor–driven cycles or Mini–cycles. View the finalized Ordinance. Read Mayor Maturo’s Letter to the Town Council.
• Statement from Mayor Maturo on the Cari and Spaulding Verdicts
Read the press release from 10/21/13.
• Victoria Beach One Year after Super Storm Sandy Read the press release from 10/19/13.
• Mayor Announces 2012–2013 Budget Surplus Read the budget surplus press release.
• Demolition of 64 Charter Oak Avenue Slated for 8/28. Read the Press Release from August 27, 2013.
• Mayor Orders Clean–up of Farm River. Read the Press Release from August 8, 2013.
• All Terrain Wheelchair For the Disabled Hits the Town Beach.
Recently the Town purchased an all terrain wheelchair for residents use at the East Haven Town Beach. The monies were obtained from funds earmarked for ADA projects in the town’s 2012 Bonding package.
The device will enable the disabled to be brought down through the sand to the ocean for their pleasure. The chair will be available each day the town beach is open on a first come, first served basis. Check out the all terrain wheelchair information.
• Maturo Says $400k Legal Surplus, Strong Revenues Have Town on Track for FY 12–13 Surplus. Read the
press release 6/3/13.
• Mayor’s Task Force Completes Revision of District Wide Crisis Manual. Read the
press release 5/7/13.
• Revised Budget. Maturo Submits Revised Budget – Calls for $900k Increase to Education.
Read the press release 4/8/13.
• Animal Control Officer Appreciation Week. The second week of April has been designated as Animal Control Officer Appreciation Week. We recognize Officer Owen Little and Officer Anthony Purificato for their outstanding service, which is in keeping with the long distinguished tradition of the Animal Control Profession.
• Budget Presentation. If you could not make it to the Mayor’s presentation at the high school last night here are two essential documents for you to review.
• Five Finalists For Chief Of Police Announced. Read the press release announcing the five finalists.
• U.S. Coast Guard Press Release. Read the press release concerning the change of Command at U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Branford Flotilla 24–01.
• A two hour storm preparation meeting in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy with Town officials and representatives from the local utilities was held in the office of the Mayor read the press release 10/26/12 for storm information.
• On Monday August 20th Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. hosted a brief ceremony unveiling a Memorial Bench in honor of Dr. Mel Goldstein, the beloved former WTNH Chief Meteorologist who died January 18th of this year after a 16 year battle with cancer. The bench was donated to the Town by Dr Mel’s widow, Arlene Goldstein and was placed at the East Haven Town Beach in close proximity to the Town Beach House. View photos of the ceremony.