• Citing "Strong Budgetary Performance," Standard and Poor’s Raises East Haven’s Credit Rating from "BBB+" to "A-".
View the July 24, 2014 press release.
• Statement of East Haven Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. Re: Public Safety Dispatch upgrade with respect to EH Police Union public criticisms.
View the July 18, 2014 statement.
• Statement of East Haven Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. Re: Tweed’s Pledge to include East Haven in all future talks
concerning possible Airport expansion. View the July 17, 2014 statement.
• Letter Concerning Tweed Airport Paving A letter was mailed and sent electronically to the Tweed Airport Authority and New Haven Mayor Toni Harp concerning the paving of runway safety areas at Tweed. View the July 7, 2014 letter.
• Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. Statement on the Police Pre–employment agreements: "The Town’s position is that the agreements are valid, enforceable, and not contrary to law. Our Town’s Labor Counsel, Atty. Frank Kolb, has indicated that pursuant to C.G.S. Sec. 31–51r(c), the agreements have been developed and entered into with the knowledge and understanding of the employees’ bargaining representatives.
However, more importantly, because of the Town’s massive investment in training and cutting edge technology at the Police Department, applicants are actively seeking to become part of the East Haven Police Department family. The Department is rapidly becoming one of ’choice’ rather than one to ’avoid.’ As a result, the need for the pre–employment agreements is likely to become a moot topic shortly anyway." July 3, 2014.
• Maturo Calls for Immediate Review of Proposed Tweed Legislation View the press release from 4/10/14 for details.
• Audit Confirms Town Surplus Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. announced today that the Town received the official audit for the 2012–2013 fiscal year, which confirms that the Town ran a surplus of $1.16 million dollars for the past fiscal year and reduced its long–term debt by $3.06 million dollars. Read the press release 1/14/14.
• Mayor Maturo Looks to Hire Civilian Police Dispatchers Read the press release from 11/26/13 and the letter to the Police Union reguarding hiring civilian dispatchers.
• Statement from Mayor Maturo on Police Overtime Read the press release from 11/18/13.
• NEW ORDINANCE PASSES 10/30/13 As I am sure many of you are aware one of the continuing problems that many (if not most) of the surrounding towns/cities are experiencing is the operation of various types of motorized recreational vehicles on city streets, sidewalks and public property. Last night the East Haven Town Council (following a public hearing) passed this new ordinance: 11–2. An Ordinance Regulating the Operation or Use of Dirt Bikes, All–Terrain Vehicles, Snowmobiles, Motor–driven cycles or Mini–cycles. View the finalized Ordinance. Read Mayor Maturo’s Letter to the Town Council.
• Statement from Mayor Maturo on the Cari and Spaulding Verdicts Read the press release from 10/21/13.
• Victoria Beach One Year after Super Storm Sandy Read the press release from 10/19/13.
• Mayor Announces 2012–2013 Budget Surplus Read the budget surplus press release.
• Demolition of 64 Charter Oak Avenue Slated for 8/28. Read the Press Release from August 27, 2013.
• Mayor Orders Clean–up of Farm River. Read the Press Release from August 8, 2013.
• All Terrain Wheelchair For the Disabled Hits the Town Beach Recently the Town purchased an all terrain wheelchair for residents use at the East Haven Town Beach. The monies were obtained from funds earmarked for ADA projects in the town’s 2012 Bonding package.
The device will enable the disabled to be brought down through the sand to the ocean for their pleasure. The chair will be available each day the town beach is open on a first come, first served basis. Check out the all terrain wheelchair information.
• Maturo Says $400k Legal Surplus, Strong Revenues Have Town on Track for FY 12–13 Surplus. Read the
press release 6/3/13.
• Mayor’s Task Force Completes Revision of District Wide Crisis Manual. Read the
press release 5/7/13.
• Revised Budget. Maturo Submits Revised Budget – Calls for $900k Increase to Education.
Read the press release 4/8/13.
• Animal Control Officer Appreciation Week The second week of April has been designated as Animal Control Officer Appreciation Week. We recognize Officer Owen Little and Officer Anthony Purificato for their outstanding service, which is in keeping with the long distinguished tradition of the Animal Control Profession.
• Budget Presentation If you could not make it to the Mayor’s presentation at the high school last night here are two essential documents for you to review.
1. The 4/2/13 State of the Town Address and
2. the 2013–2014 Town Budget presentation.
• The Town of East Haven will be participating in National Donate Life Month by flying the "Donate Life" flag in front of Town Hall. Read the press release 4/2/13.
• Joint Compliance Expert Retained for the EH–DOJ Police Compliance Agreement. Read the press release 2/19/13.
• EAST HAVEN YOUTH FOOTBALL CHAMPS Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr., issued a Proclamation to the
East Haven Youth Football 8th Grade Team, which capped a Perfect (11-0)
Season with their Fourth Straight Shoreline Title. Read the proclamation.
• EAST HAVEN LANDS ShopRite Store to Open on Route 80 in Fall of 2013. Read the press release 2/7/13.
• TOWN PROVIDES PRESCRIPTION DISCOUNT CARD Read the press release to get details about the new prescription discount card that will offer all uninsured and underinsured residents steep savings on prescription medicines.
• Five Finalists For Chief Of Police Announced. Read the press release announcing the five finalists.
• U.S. Coast Guard Press Release. Read the press release concerning the change of Command at U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Branford Flotilla 24–01.
• Hurricane Sandy Prep A two hour storm preparation meeting in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy with Town officials and representatives from the local utilities was held in the office of the Mayor read the press release 10/26/12 for storm information.
• Memorial Bench for Dr. Mel On Monday August 20th Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. hosted a brief ceremony unveiling a Memorial Bench in honor of Dr. Mel Goldstein, the beloved former WTNH Chief Meteorologist who died January 18th of this year after a 16 year battle with cancer. The bench was donated to the Town by Dr Mel’s widow, Arlene Goldstein and was placed at the East Haven Town Beach in close proximity to the Town Beach House. View photos of the ceremony.