APPOINTMENTS FOR GAS or ELECTRIC
ENERGY ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS
• East Haven residents whose primary heating source is gas or electric can now apply for energy assistance through the 2014–2015 Connecticut Energy Assistance program. The Connecticut Energy Assistance program is a state and federally funded program which assists East Haven families with fuel expenses for their primary heating source. The program is designed to provide Energy Assistance to individuals and families that meet federal income guidelines. The Town of East Haven Social Services Department coordinates this program.
Appointments will be available Monday–Thursday from 9:00am to 1:00pm in the Social Services office, located in East Haven Town Hall, 250 Main Street. This service is available by appointment only for East Haven residents. To schedule an appointment please call the Town of East Haven Senior Center at 203–468–3277. The last date to apply is April 15, 2015.
Program eligibility is determined by the total income of the applicant’s household. The following documents must be brought in at the time of appointment for all household members 18 years of age or older:
• Last 4 weeks of any income documentation.
• Most recent bank statements.
• Most recent UI bill even if it is not your primary heating source.
• Most recent gas bill if you heat with gas.
IMPORTANT: If you have already applied for energy assistance this year and need to check the status of your application or request oil please call the Community Action Agency of New Haven (CAANH) at 203–387–7700.
HOMEOWNER’S TAX RELIEF PROGRAM
Available to elderly (65+) and totally disabled homeowners who meet income guidelines. Application period is February 1st through May 15th. Call the East Haven Assessor’s office at 203–468–3233 for details.
RENTERS’ REBATE PROGRAM
The Town of East Haven begins accepting applications for the State of Connecticut’s Renters’ Rebate program on May 15, 2015. The state program provides a reimbursement for East Haven renters who are elderly or totally disabled, and whose incomes do not exceed certain limits. The rebate amount is based on graduated income scale and the amount of rent and utility payments made in 2013. Last year, 466 East Haven residents received $248,000.
Residents of East Farm Village, Wood View and Union School Apartments will be able to apply on site during designated times and dates. Please contact the resident services or management staff for exact times and dates.
All other qualified residents must schedule an appointment by calling the Town of East Haven Senior Center at 203–468–3277. Applications will be accepted through September. All checks will be mailed by the State of Connecticut in October, regardless of when the application is submitted. The Renters’ Rebate Program is coordinated by the Town of East Haven Social Services Department. For more information please contact Bob Petrucelli, MPA, Interim Director of Social Services at 203–468–3303.
ADA COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Your Town of East Haven ADA Compliance Officer is Candace Criscuolo appointed in June of 2012. Her office is located in the Finance Department on the lower level of East Haven Town Hall. To report violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act email Candace Criscuolo or call Candace at 203–468–3210.
GET INFORMATION ABOUT...
• State & Federal Programs
• Healthcare for Uninsured Kids and Youth (HUSKY)
• Medical Insurance for Single Adults
• Stated Assisted General Assistance (SAGA)
• Connecticut Pharmaceutical Assistance Contract to the Elderly and Disabled (CONNPACE)
• Food Programs
• Emergency Shelter
• Employment Assistance
EAST HAVEN SERVICES FOR SENIORS
The East Haven Senior Center at 91 Taylor Ave. offers information and support services. Call 203–468–3277 for more information or visit the Senior Center page.
- Transportation for 60 year olds and handicapped residents for medical purposes, shopping and banking.
- Daily lunch program
- Recreational field trips.
- Senior exercise programs.
- Meals On Wheels program.
- Senior Drivers’ Improvement Education program.
- Help with income tax forms.
- Monthly web newsletter "Seniors On The Move".
East Haven Town Seal image by FC Foley ©2008–2015.
Web Designs by Frances C. Foley & Noisemakers Productions.
Copyright © 2008–2015 Town of East Haven. All Rights Reserved.