The Department of Public Services oversees the Parks Department:
- Parks is staffed with 7 employees.
- Maintains 133 acres including:
- School grounds, municipal grounds, beach grounds and playing fields.
- Duties include cutting of grass and overall general grounds maintenance.
- Professional painting of 20 playing fields.
- Handles the issuance of practice permits.
- preparation of all school field events.
- Cleaning and maintaining Town Beach, Beach House & recreational areas.
- Provides cleanup services for Memorial Day Parade, Fall Festival, Senior Day and the Fourth of July Fireworks.