View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday: 11:00 am to 4:30 pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 8:30 am to 2:00 pm
How to Reach Us
Lower level of Town Hall
250 Main StreetEast Haven, CT 06512
Registrar of Voters Facts:
- Elected, part time positions paid for by the town government.
- Guided by the Secretary of the State’s office and state legislation.
- Ensures that the voting rights of citizens are upheld.
- Administrators of elections.
Registrar of Voters Responsibilities:
- Conducts all elections.
- Provides absentee ballot assistance.
- Maintains and certifies the Official Voters List.
- Recruits, appoints and trains local election officials.
- Prepares party enrollment lists.
- Certifies and prepares voting equipment.
- Records and reports voter statistics.
- Facilitates voter education.
- Performs the annual canvass of voters.
- Orders voting machine strips, sample ballots and moderator return sheets.
- Conducts training sessions for poll workers for each election.