View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
Planning & Zoning Mission
To provide technical assistance to the general public with zoning and variance applications; the investigation and adjudication of complaints and the detailed plan reviews necessary to create responsible commercial, residential and industrial development that results in a workable partnership that benefits the developer and the Town equally. Maintain complete and accurate records of all Planning and Zoning approvals, zoning permits, variances, regulations and maps.
The Planning and Zoning Department staff serve on:
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Code Enforcement Committee
Planning and Zoning Department is responsible for:
- Issuing permits for various forms of construction and signage.
- Compliance inspections for most forms of residential, commercial and industrial construction.
- Maintaining and updating the Town's zoning map and regulations.
- Investigate Zoning and Code complaince and Junk Vehicle complaints.
- Civil court actions.
- Administer and maintain the permanent records for variance applications to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Administers and assists in the planning of proposals brought before the Planning and Zoning Commission.
The Planning and Zoning Department provides assistance to the general public and developers:
- in planning aspects,
- zoning related issues,
- on sight inspections,
- compliance inspections,
- and the issuance of documents to taxpayers, state, municipal and federal agencies and lending institutions regarding planning and zoning related issues.